Instagram is a platform I get asked so many questions about. How to enter Instagram giveaways, how does it really work, and does my account have to be public to win prizes?
This is a question with no really clear answer. So I will break it down for you and you can then decide whether your account should be public or private.
It really boils down to what giveaways you are entering on Instagram. Simple as that.
Instagram Account Private or Public for Entering Giveaways
PROS of Having a Public Instagram Account
- Entering photo giveaways that you tag and hashtag must be public
- Your posts get more likes from non-followers and they never follow
- You gain more followers (Also a con)
- Anyone in the world sees your posts
Cons of Having a Public Instagram
- Your privacy goes out the window
- Higher chances of being hacked
- You can't pick and choose what information on your profile stays private
- Bot accounts follow you
- Your images get stolen by other giveaway contestants.
- Your entire feed can be cloned
- You gain fake followers who really never care about whats in your feed